Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Friday, August 19, 2011

It's the little things...and small town high school football on a Friday night

That matters most! The moments when your 2 year old comes to you simply to say "I love you Mommy", the little 4 teeth smile from your 1 year, and the sideways glance from your husband or wife that melts your heart. A lot of times we take those things for granted & don't realize how much those itty bitty, teeny tiny little moments do for you.

I've been struggling with a ton of anxiety lately, ok maybe not a ton but I'm sure my chest begs to differ! I find myself lacking patience and constantly feeling on edge which is a completely miserable feeling. Instead of enjoying the funny things that the kids are doing I worry about what negative or bad thing could happen to them. I know I know, this is typical mommyhood worries but imagine typical worry times.....about 1000 and that might be what it feels like.

Tonight, for the first time in a very long time I was able to relax and enjoy my kids, at least one of them. Brent & I took Avery to a high school football game tonight while Nanny Fish (Peyton's godmother...her name isn't really Fish, that's just what Avery calls her) kept Peyton for us. It's the first time in a while that we took Avery somewhere with just Mommy & Daddy. She absolutely loved it.

I still had some worries, but not anxiety, about her falling and busting her head. We were close to the top of concrete bleachers & if my baby fell she would've been all the way to the bottom before I could blink. Any mother would be nervous in that situation with a rambunctious 2 year old. We survived though & without so much as a scratch, she did bump her knee but we're all good.......no blood!!!

It felt so good to be able to enjoy myself & more than anything the moment that she handed me her "mulk" cup to put in her bag & she looked up at me and said "I love you mommy". Gahhhhhhh, that made my wee bit of worrying completely, 100% worth it.

Now, if only I can have days and nights like this 24/7 365 it would be awesome. We all know that's not realistic but a girl can dream.

I know it sounds cliche but I don't care. I've said the same thing to so many people in the past but this is the first time in my life that I've ever just stopped, looked around, and realized how precious the little things really are.

So do yourself a favor and take a step back & take it all in for a minute...give your kids and husband an extra kiss, another hug, and one more "I love you" before bed tonight and remember how blessed you really are.

Gosh I'm so mooshy tonight but I like it ;)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...